Carnarvon Night Safari Tour
Join our Night Safari Tour in search of Carnarvon Gorge’s extraordinary nocturnal wildlife.
Nocturnal wildlife spotting at Carnarvon Gorge
On this Carnarvon Gorge night tour we’ll engage our sight, hearing and sense of smell, and explore the forest floor along easy, mostly flat trails to see which animals emerge upon nightfall.
Marsupial gliders, owls, echidna, platypus and bats are just some of the extraordinary animals commonly encountered on this tour.
Of course, when dealing with wildlife, there are no guarantees! So be very, very quiet, and we’ll do our best to get you into a position to see marsupial gliders do what they do best….GLIDE!
Common Nocturnal Wildlife Sightings
Check out the scrolling gallery below for some of the most commonly encountered nocturnal animals on our Night Safari Tour.
Night Safari Tour Details
At a glance. Everything you need to know before booking this Carnarvon Gorge night tour. For further information, please call, email, or check out our Frequently Asked Questions.
The Recipe for Success
There are some really simple steps we can all take to maximise our chances of seeing nocturnal wildlife during this Carnarvon Gorge night tour.
Firstly, we’ll reduce the noise we make to ensure our nocturnal wildlife is comfortable, which will lead to far more natural behaviour, making them way more interesting for us to observe.
Secondly, we’ll only use red spotlights, to ensure their night vision is not compromised, which also happens to work out well for us humans!
Finally, you’re welcome to bring a camera, but please don’t use the flash, as this can impact greatly on their night vision, and may cause gliders to crash!
Seeing these beautiful animals in the wild is a thrilling experience, but ensuring our encounters with native wildlife are ethical is one of our top priorities, so remember to observe, without interfering.
COVID Safe Measures
- All tours for the remainder of 2020 will be private tours.
- A private booking is defined as a single household, family or group travelling together. Our goal is to keep you safe, and this approach will ensure you won’t have to mingle with anyone outside your family unit or travelling group.
- Our tour movements within Carnarvon Gorge will abide by any restrictions imposed by Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service, including social distancing at major sites where visitor numbers at any one time are limited.
- We will carry surface spray to sanitise public toilets prior to use.
- We will carry hand sanitiser, but would prefer you bring your own.
COVID Safe Policy
- You MUST be willing to abide by any social distancing instructions as directed by your tour guide and/or National Park Staff.
- You MUST NOT attend our tours if you are experiencing ANY flu-like symptoms consistent with COVID-19 which includes cough, fever, sore throat, fatigue and shortness of breath.
- You MUST NOT attend our tours if you have recently returned from overseas, or have been in contact with any potential COVID-19 cases.
- Engaging in travel and tourism-based activities is not currently recommended for people who fall into one of the COVID-19 “at-risk” groups as recognised by the Queensland State Government.
- Should you be forced to cancel your tour booking due to experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, Australian Nature Guides will offer a 100% refund.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to customers who fail to comply with our COVID Safe Policy.
The Fine Print
Note 1: All tours require a minimum of two participants to run. Should you be a solo traveller, and wish to book a single ticket, please be aware that the tour will be cancelled if minimum numbers are not met. In the event of such a cancellation, Carnarvon Gorge Eco Tours will offer your choice of a refund or alternate date.
Note 2: It is important to understand that group noise influences the amount of wildlife encountered, as we rely heavily on our hearing to track nocturnal animals. We reserve the right to exclude any participant/s who are unable to remain quiet when directed by their guide. Parents should be particularly mindful of this when booking young children onto this tour.