Off The Beaten Track Tour
Escape the crowds, and visit secluded, off-track sites that very few have the opportunity to experience.
In the interest of public health, we have decided that all Off The Beaten Track Tours throughout the 2021 season will be private.
What a bonus! This means you'll have an expert guide all to yourself!
Exclusive to Carnarvon Gorge Eco Tours
As the name suggests, this tour is all about getting off-track and exploring some of Carnarvon Gorge’s secret locations.
Once per week, only we have permission to guide just six lucky walkers to secret sites very few will ever experience.
So strap on those hiking boots, and come prepared for an adventure unlike any other.
Once we head off-track, we won’t see another human soul!
What are the details?
At a glance. Everything you need to know before booking an Off The Beaten Track Tour at Carnarvon Gorge. For further information, please call, email, or check out our Frequently Asked Questions.
How "off-track" are we talking?
Depending on which locations we visit, we may utilise the existing walking track system before heading off-track.
However, most of our time will be spent navigating rocky, uneven, and hilly terrain, including plenty of creek crossings via rock-hopping. Good balance is a must!
Hiking poles are a great asset! You may wish to bring yours along to aid with balance at the creek crossings.
Still not sure if this is right for you? Please give us a call! We’re more than happy to answer any further queries.
Off The Beaten Track Tour Schedule
COVID Safe Measures
- All Off The Beaten Track Tours throughout the 2021 season will be private, which means you won’t have to share your expert guide with any other booking.
- A private booking is defined as a single household, family or group travelling together. Our goal is to keep you safe, and this approach will ensure you won’t have to mingle with anyone outside your family unit or travelling group.
- Our tour movements within Carnarvon Gorge will abide by any restrictions imposed by Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service, including social distancing at major sites where visitor numbers at any one time are limited.
- We will carry surface spray to sanitise public toilets prior to use.
- We will carry hand sanitiser, but would prefer you bring your own.
COVID Safe Policy
- You MUST be willing to abide by any social distancing instructions as directed by your tour guide and/or National Park Staff.
- You MUST NOT attend our tours if you are experiencing ANY flu-like symptoms consistent with COVID-19 which includes cough, fever, sore throat, fatigue and shortness of breath.
- You MUST NOT attend our tours if you have recently returned from overseas, or have been in contact with any potential COVID-19 cases.
- Engaging in travel and tourism-based activities is not currently recommended for people who fall into one of the COVID-19 “at-risk” groups as recognised by the Queensland State Government.
- Should you be forced to cancel your tour booking due to experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, Australian Nature Guides will offer a 100% refund.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to customers who fail to comply with our COVID Safe Policy.
The Fine Print
Note: All tours require a minimum of two participants to run. Should you be a solo traveller, and wish to book a single ticket, please be aware that the tour will be cancelled if minimum numbers are not met. In the event of such a cancellation, Carnarvon Gorge Eco Tours will offer your choice of a refund or alternate date.