Lower Gorge Explorer Tour
The Lower Gorge Explorer is the quintessential Carnarvon Gorge experience, seen through the eyes of a local.
In the interest of public health, we have decided that all Lower Gorge Explorer Tours throughout the 2021 season will be private.
What a bonus! This means you'll have an expert guide all to yourself!
The Classic Carnarvon Gorge Day Tour
On this 14 km Lower Gorge Explorer Tour we’ll visit four of Carnarvon Gorge’s most diverse and well known sites.
At our first major stop, the Art Gallery, we’ll introduce you to some of the world’s most significant stencil rock art, and some of scientific and cultural meanings behind the 2000+ motifs developed by the Karingbal and Bidjara peoples.
Next up, we’ll visit Ward’s Canyon; a spectacular side gorge that generates its own unique micro-climate and supports the Gorge’s one and only colony of King Ferns.
After lunch we’ll venture into the awe inspiring Amphitheatre and piece together the geological history of this landscape.
And finally, we’ll explore how local hydrology drives the never ending springs of the beautiful Moss Garden.
Lower Gorge Explorer Tour Details
At a glance. Everything you need to know before booking this classic Carnarvon Gorge day tour. For further information, please call, email, or check out our Frequently Asked Questions.
Carnarvon Gorge at a leisurely pace
The last thing we want during your Carnarvon Gorge day tour is for you to feel rushed.
You have, after all, made a conscious effort to get here, and this may be your one and only visit!
Rest assured we won’t be cracking the whip. That’s simply not our style.
Instead, we’ll take it slow and allow time for conversation, chance encounters with flora and fauna, and a hot cuppa, of course!
Lower Gorge Explorer Tour Schedule
COVID Safe Measures
- All Lower Gorge Explorer Tours throughout the 2021 season will be private, which means you won’t have to share your expert guide with any other booking.
- A private booking is defined as a single household, family or group travelling together. Our goal is to keep you safe, and this approach will ensure you won’t have to mingle with anyone outside your family unit or travelling group.
- Our tour movements within Carnarvon Gorge will abide by any restrictions imposed by Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service, including social distancing at major sites where visitor numbers at any one time are limited.
- We will carry surface spray to sanitise public toilets prior to use.
- We will carry hand sanitiser, but would prefer you bring your own.
COVID Safe Policy
- You MUST be willing to abide by any social distancing instructions as directed by your tour guide and/or National Park Staff.
- You MUST NOT attend our tours if you are experiencing ANY flu-like symptoms consistent with COVID-19 which includes cough, fever, sore throat, fatigue and shortness of breath.
- You MUST NOT attend our tours if you have recently returned from overseas, or have been in contact with any potential COVID-19 cases.
- Engaging in travel and tourism-based activities is not currently recommended for people who fall into one of the COVID-19 “at-risk” groups as recognised by the Queensland State Government.
- Should you be forced to cancel your tour booking due to experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, Australian Nature Guides will offer a 100% refund.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to customers who fail to comply with our COVID Safe Policy.
The Fine Print
Note: All tours require a minimum of two participants to run. Should you be a solo traveller, and wish to book a single ticket, please be aware that the tour will be cancelled if minimum numbers are not met. In the event of such a cancellation, Carnarvon Gorge Eco Tours will offer your choice of a refund or alternate date.